Introducing our day 16 guests from Morello Life telling us about their Xmas favourites:
1. We are Merrigan and Camilla and run Morello Life . We are both busy mothers of two and we started Morello Life because it’s just what we needed – no time to trawl the Sunday Times and Monthlies! The idea is to offer cherry picked monthly inspiration across food, recipes, parenting, fashion, interiors alongside a few ironic bits and bobs! It was also a way for us to build (Website/SEO/Digital etc) and use our skills whilst looking after our children.
2. We LOVE Christmas!! It is Usually spent our own families and extended family of some sort at home. . We usually host as we love cooking and decorating so are usually red in the face cooking FAR too much food but will have a glass of fizz one one hand most of the time.
3. Best money saving tip is to make a list, have a budget in mind and start buying things as and when you see them from about October. This spreads the cost and the pressure! Also go homemade rather than shop bought – so much more personal (we have some ideas on http://www.morellolife.com/3-christmas-foodie-gifts-in-a-jar.
4. If money was no object Merrigan would love to have her house renovation finished!! Best Christmas present ever! But both of us would love a weekend away in the Cotswolds!
5. Merrigan – Christmas morning breakfast is always Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon on English muffins with a glass of sparkly! Always.
Camilla – Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and a glass of fizz (of course)
6. Christmas Eve is actually our fave day of the Christmas holidays. We usually have a soup & pate lunch as guests arrive and then go the Christmas Eve Christingle service followed by a quick drink at the pub with friends. Back home to fish pie and peas followed by mince pies and any last minute wrapping in front of the fire. Camilla always fills a Christmas eve box with goodies for the kids like Christmas Pjs, a movie, hot chocolate & marshmallows and fluffy socks!7. Favourite Xmas song and why? Camilla – Michael Buble – Cold December Night. Just totally love his Christmas crooning – we always play his Christmas album when we’re putting the tree up!Merrigan – Fairytale of New York and all the classics.
8. Favourite festive film?
Camilla – Gotta be Elf!
Merrigan – It’s a Wonderful Life! Wish someone would do a re-make!
9. Who do you spend Xmas with?
Our other halves, kids and whatever side of the family’s turn it is!
10. What does Christmas mean to you? Do you think we have lost the original meaning of Christmas?
Celebration. Spending time together. Friendships. Giving. I think we all spend far too much money and miss the little things that can make Christmas more magic – like long walks, board games and a clinking glass of Baileys on ice!